Hello there friends!
Can you believe that Spring is just around the corner? But it seems winter just does not want to leave us yet! I think we are ready for a new season, so all my good thoughts and vibes were channeled to this month’s projects, and my biggest source of inspiration was color.
Here is a quick look at what i created this month:
- “4” The happy, colorful and super cheery “Joy Parade” collection from Fancy Pants Designs was perfect to document my little’s 4th birthday picture. The large confetti shaker element as a background just enhances the celebration feeling of this page.
- “HELLO FUN” The layout was created as a companion to the Silhouette Savvy Series entry abut combining cut files. The layout uses the free “Ho Ho Holidays” cut file -designed by the Cut Shoppe for Scrapbook Nerd- and the new Paige Evans’s “Oh My Heart” collection to document my niece’s idea of fun, jumping on the bed.
- “YOU” I love florals, and the ones in the “Oh My Heart” collection from Pink Paislee are just so beautiful. A bit of hand stitching to the fussy cut images was perfect to enhance the images details, and bring texture to this page. A simple mixed media background complements the picture of my teenage daughter.
- “LIVE FOR THE MOMENT” One of the new Pinkfresh Studio releases, “Dream On” was a dream to work with. The patterns in the papers, and the beautiful color combination on the papers along with the Cut Shoppe’s cut file added plenty of interest to this page all about my teenage son.
- “FOREVER” I just had to create this page, since we have a lot of winter/snow pictures this year, I wanted to document one of my favorites in a non-wintery way. So i picked this beautiful pink background from the “Oh My Heart” collection, added this soft cut out -created from the Winter Lace cut file from the Silhouette Store-, and a bit of hand stitching to highlight the picture of my husband and I on one of our walks.
I hope this set of projects have served as inspiration to pull some color into your work, trust me is an excellent way to beat the winter blahs!
Remember to check the Scrapbook Nerd store to check what the ladies are bringing to the shelves, there are so many new products available.
I am always a comment away, if you need assistance with anything related to this projects or the blog tutorials.