Making your own feather arrows
general Nerd Academy Tips & Tutorials
Do you love pinterest? I do. I love the inspiration that I find there. In browsing around a few weeks ago, I found a pin from October Afternoon on how to make these adorable feather arrows and I just had to try. I had so much fun making these, so I thought I would share how I made them here.
First, here’s the finished arrow.
What you need:
-three different patterned scraps of paper
-a wood skewer
-a heart of some sort (I used a wood heart from the Crate Paper Confetti collection)
-twine or floss
1. Draw, by hand, the shape of a feather on the backside of your patterned scraps, in the size you need.
2. Cut out your feathers.
3. With your scissors, snip the edges to resemble the edges of a feather.
4. Trim your skewer to the size that you need.
5. Glue your feathers to the end of the skewer.
6. On the other end, glue your heart to resemble the point of the arrow.
7. Tie your twine or floss around the feather end of the skewer.
8. Attach to your layout.
Here’s my finished layout with my arrow.
← Older Post Newer Post →