Welcome to another week of the Scrapbook Nerd Academy. This week I’m going to share with you how I created a stitched border.
- The first step, of course, is gathering your supplies. For my layout I used the Jillibean Cool as a Cucumber collection. My background is Kraft Cardstock. For my title I used Jillibean Alphabean letter stickers. For the stitching, I used embroidery floss from my stash.
- For the background, I cut four different patterned papers from the Jillibean Cool as a Cucumber. Three of them are approximately 2 x 5.5 and and one 5.75 x 5.5. These are positioned about 2.5 inches from the bottom of the page.
- I used the Jillibean Chevron die cut paper for a template for the stitching. Cut a strip off the die cut paper and lay just above the patterned paper.
- Using a pencil, lightly trace all the lines.
- Once the lines are traced, you will need to move the strip down and trace a couple of more chevrons on the end to line up with the patterned paper.
- Using the embroidery floss and a needle, sew over the pencil lines, alternating colours.
- Once the stitching is done, the layout is ready for the photos, title and embellishment.
Now it’s your turn. Why not join us at Scrapbook Nerd for our stitching challenge and your chance to win a gift certificate to the store.