Travel Mini-Album Tutorial
During the past month, even as I began doing holiday crafts and cards, I set a goal to start and complete an album documenting our summer trip. We have two boys, and we are all avid baseball fans, so we planned a trip to the U.S. to visit a couple of baseball stadiums and take in Detroit Tigers and Chicago Cubs games.
I decided on a 6×8 album, and luckily chose one with a 2″ spine as it ended up being a very thick album. I also decided to primarily use Shimelle’s recent “Go Now Go” collection for this project. Here are some things that I decided to do to organize my photos, stories and memorabilia.
- Used Thickers to title the album cover.
- Used two larger photos of baseball stadiums we visited and Amy Tan Thickers to create a title page.
- Created dividers to introduce each new city/travel day. Each divider labeled the city we were travelling to, a map, and a few embellishments, including a Thicker phrase from Shimelle’s Let’s Go Foam Stickers.
- Include memorabilia directly in the album. I punched holes in menus, tickets, and brochures and inserted them together with the photos and stories of those experiences. I like my albums having different sized papers and “out of pocket” pieces, so this works for me.
- Print small photos or cut larger photos to fit into 2×2 pockets.
- Finish the album with two large photos (6×8) that I liked best from the trip.
- Use packaging from trip to hold other memorabilia. In my case, I had a great bag from a candy shop we went to, and I punched holes to include it at the end of the album, holding any additional tickets, menus, and brochures.
Thank you so much for looking! I hope you have fun documenting your travels. There are many great products in the SN Store to help you to do so.