Silhouette Savvy Series – Back to Basics
cut file Design Team projects Doodlebug Designs free cut file Free cut files general Hello collection Inspiration Let The Sunshine In Nerd Academy New products Scrapbooking Silhouettes Savvy Series The Cut Shoppe Tips & Tutorials traveler's notebook layout tutorial Videos
How is your Summer going? We hope you are relaxing and enjoying the wonderful weather. Today’s tutorial is a bit of a refresher / learning on a few basics on the Silhouette Software basics. The new updates to the Silhouette Software have made it easier to import and design cut files in their platform.
Just in case you missed any of the commands, here is small list of them:
To import cut files into the Silhouette Library
- Import and open the zipfile containing the cut file
- open your Silhouette Software, and set it on the Library tab ( you can easily create a new file by right clicking your mouse on the library file, under your user name account)
- open your recently unzipped cut file (you will have three images to chose from)
- click on the image that does not have a watermark on it, and use your mouse to drag it to the Silhouette library. The software will automatically make a copy of the cut file in their library
To trace cut files in the Silhouette Software
- Open the cut file you want to use in the Silhouette Design window
- click on the Trace menu in the Design window (fifth image on the right hand side pannel)
- select trace an image on the menu
- use your mouse to select the are of the cut file you want to use
- on the trace menu click on “trace”, the red lines will show behind the cut file once you have properly traced it.
- If there are part of another image you do not want to use, then highlight the entire image, right click on the mouse, and chose “release path” on the menu. Delete all the unwanted lines in the cut file, and then highlight all the image you want to cut (make sure you highlight all the little details inside the cut), right click on the mouse and select “create compound path”
- send to the Silhouette software to cut.
Once you have seen the video, you will realize how easy you can import and trace a cut file in the SIlhouette Software. The one that was used for the tutorial comes from the Let Sunshine in and it is featured in this Traveler’s Notebook along with Doodlebug Designs’ Hello Collection.
As always please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions related to this tutorial. I will be more than happy to walk you through the steps.
Doodlebug Design – Hello Collection kit, Chit chat die cuts, cardstock stickers
Pinkfresh Studio – The Mix 1 collection – Gold shapes foam stickers
Simple Stories – Hello Summer Collection – Cardstock Stickers, collection kit
Webster’s Pages – Traveler’s Notebook insert
← Older Post Newer Post →